![]() |
| The Challenge |
I was really torn when I signed up for this hop between receiving lucite or clay beads to work with. I finally settled on lucite, because I thought it might pose a bit more of a challenge. So, when I opened the package, I knew this was going to be interesting. Orange and Red!?!? I love color, don't get me wrong, but these are two that I usually don't work with. Here's what I created:
Because the orange beads are so much smaller than the big red ones, I decided to circle them with seed beads. The seed beads do have a rainbow finish, but I don't think you can see that from the pictures.
I think it came out to be a little elegant, do you agree? It's choker length, which I usually don't make, but I think it works for the piece. I reversed the pattern when I made the earrings, and circled the smaller red beads instead of the orange.
What do you think?
Please visit the other talented ladies on the Hop to see what they created!
What do you think?
Please visit the other talented ladies on the Hop to see what they created!
Isolina Perez, Isolina Perez
Jennifer Reno, Musings of a Crafty Jenny ***You Are Here***
Charlene Jacka, Clay Space
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Kay Thomerson, Kayz Kreationz
Ashleigh Kleinhans Becker, Sela Designs Jewelry
Mary Govaars, MLH Jewelry Designs
Alice McCarthy, Northwoods Creative Studio
Rebecca Sirevaag, Becca's Place
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends
Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
Kathy Lindemer, Bay Moon Design
Annia Failde, AnniamAe
Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist - The Hostess (who is running a giveaway!)



Wow! All I can say is wow! You hit it out of the park with this beautiful set. Thanks for being in the hop.
ReplyDeleteHi Jennifer,
ReplyDeleteI love what you created they are very pretty. I am with you I do not usually design with orange and red so I would have be stumped on what to do, but you did a wonderful job.
Therese
GReat work! looks so elegant, right. ;)
ReplyDeleteAnnia
I love the orange and what you did with the beads, such a fun necklace!
ReplyDeleteI really like the orange and red together. And the way you encircled/enclosed the smaller beads is so cute. I do think it's very elegant. Nice job.
ReplyDeleteI love the oranges...such a vibrant necklace!
ReplyDeleteSo vibrant. Love that you encircled the smaller beads with seed beads. Great idea to make beaded beads. I received an orange & yellow bead, and prepared myself to create a bracelet with these citrus fun colors, however my daughter joined in & claimed the bead! Nice to see warm, elegant jewelry here!
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea to make the smaller beads look larger by encasing them with seed beads!!
ReplyDeleteYes, orange was a stretch for me too! I think the circling the smaller beads was a great idea and I love the texture it adds
ReplyDeleteFun piece!
ReplyDelete