If I would have thought ahead, I would have taken a picture of all my ingredients together before I began creating. I remembered that I hadn't done it halfway through my piece. Oops.
I decided that since the color palette was already challenging for me, I would add another twist. (Maybe not the best idea in hindsight.) I really admire all the pieces that I see that are asymmetrical, so I thought I should try my hand at it. Here goes nothing . . .
I was really torn for awhile about making two separated pieces with the focals, but I thought they looked good together. The only things I added to Beti's soup are the Matsuno seed beads and the two metal beads in the bead caps on the pendant.
Well, what do you think? I'm not quite sure I pulled off the asymmetrical look, but I'm proud of my first effort to try something outside of the box for me.
Please go check out what Beti did with the soup I sent her!
Go check out the rest of the wonderful participants in the 2nd Reveal Group for the Bead Soup Blog Party.









You beautifully combined the rich colors of the soup you received, Jenny. Off to see what Beti did with the soup you sent.
ReplyDeleteWow! Amazing! I love the asymmetrical design. I am still trying to figure out how you attached the key at the tip! This is why we do Bead Soup. To learn and grow when we see what others do with something we started. Thanks for being my partner!
ReplyDeleteI love it!
ReplyDeleteLovely soup, my dear!
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful necklace! I love it!
ReplyDeleteLove the earthy harmony of your necklace. Well done!
ReplyDeleteI love your piece ! :)
ReplyDeleteYou did great! Brilliant necklace!
ReplyDeletekathy
Beautiful Necklace.
ReplyDeleteI believe you did a slendid job there lady Jen! I would have been totally stumped with the focal jasper piece, but you did a great job!!
ReplyDeleteI think it was a great idea. I would have found this challenging too. It's a great Soup and you really showed it off well.
ReplyDeleteIt is great to work thru a challenge! It looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteAll is so beautiful!
ReplyDeletegreat jasper necklace, so creative!
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous....Beti bought that pendant from my shop and I love what you have done with it and that clasp is so unique....kudos to your fabulous job!!!!! Kristin Oppold
ReplyDeleteThe necklace is beautiful, original and love the earthy feeling
ReplyDeleteI would find a big rectangular focal like that a huge challenge. You did a great job with it!
ReplyDeleteLove your design! Great asymmetry - beautiful necklace!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI think it's got great balance with really makes or breaks an asymetrical design in my mind. Good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone, well done.
ReplyDeleteYep, I'd say you pulled it off. Looks pretty well balanced to me. Love the necklace. Great job!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful necklace! I love the colors in your soup..fantastic job!
ReplyDeleteNice job with your soup! I too love the colors in your bead soup! Lovely necklace!
ReplyDeleteLove your necklace! :-)
ReplyDeleteLove your design :-)
ReplyDeleteYou did great--especially working outside your usual comfort zone.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteYou've done a great work and you've been very creative using components in an unusual way (eg. the key). It's a beautiful and balanced assymetrical necklace. Have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeletei love the organic work of your piece. well done :)
ReplyDeleteI think you did an exceptional job with the asymmetrical design! I really, really like how your necklace turned out. It seems like your soup was MEANT to come together into that necklace! Great job!!
ReplyDeleteJenny you did a great job using your soup. Kudos for trying something new.
ReplyDeleteNice work - the asymmetrical design worked out really well! I'd have never known it was something you weren't completely experienced it. Lovely!
ReplyDeleteI think that you did great with the asymmetrical. It's just lovely with a great flow.
ReplyDelete