I've had so many different ideas about who I was going to thank or a memory I wanted to share, so I might make this a monthly blog post.
I'm so thankful for all of the wonderful beaders I've met on the internet. It's so much fun to be able to get to know you all in different parts of the world. When I first started this blog, one of my first followers was Tanya from Thailand. I entered a contest on her blog called Free Beads for Blogging and won! I was very excited to receive goodies from her. If you'd like to read my original post, click here. After that, Tanya and I became email buddies. We exchanged bunny and cat stories, and vented about issues in each others life. Then, how it sometimes happens, we both got busy and the emails stopped. You know how you think that you really should contact someone, but it always seems to never happen? Please, please contact them. You never know when the time will come when you won't be able to do so.
As many of you reading this know, Tanya past away on the 2nd.
I've been holding aside the beads she sent me, because I wanted to make something really special with them. In our last email, Tanya called me 'angel girl.' I don't know what else to say, this has been very difficult to write. I made this for Tanya, and while it's not perfect, I think she would like it.
![]() |
| Angels for the True Angel |
I hope to remake this bracelet next week with some miyukis and get a better photo.
Thank you, Lori for hosting this hop! Also, thank you Lena. :)

It's beautiful, and I'm sure your friend would have loved the bracelet.
ReplyDeleteYou're right. I promise to write or call someone I miss and let them know.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful bracelet and a wonderful tribute.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely tribute to Tanya. I was her partner during a holiday gift exchange in 2012 and I made her up a sterling and sapphire necklace. I really hope that she was able to wear it out to a special occasion before she became too sick.
ReplyDeleteI like your design. Thanx for sharing.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet of you to make it for tanya. I received beads for blogging too and was amazed at her generosity. x
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty and delicate piece, and a lovely idea to use the beads Tanya sent. I didn't know her, but your story is an excellent reminder to all of us to take the time to tend to our friendships while we can.
ReplyDeleteYour bracelet and tribute are lovely! I miss Tanya's always inspiring or funny Facebook posts - she was truly one-of-a-kind and is dearly missed!!
ReplyDeleteI always enjoyed Tanya's posts. I didn't know she had fallen ill until she was gone. You honored her very nicely by using her beads! I am sure she is smiling right about now!
ReplyDeleteYour post was a joy to read...I love that you made such a lovely bracelet with the pretty beads from Tanya.
ReplyDeleteYour bracelet is lovely. How lucky you were to have met Tanya, the web is an amazing thing.
ReplyDeleteThis is sooo Pretty! So very special. Tanya is sure to cherish it! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Terri G.
Your bracelet is lovely and Tanya would have loved it.
ReplyDeleteTanya would have loved the bracelet and unless you feel an urgent need to change it, she would have delighted in the fact that it was imperfect. I will miss her too!
ReplyDeleteI see the beautiful angels in this bracelet. What a lovely tribute to your friend. I was not aware that Tanya had passed away. She was a participant in my Challenge of Travel hop back in August. I know that when you wear this you will be surrounded by her angel presence. Thank you for sharing your story. Enjoy the day. Erin
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful...a lovely memory of Tanya.
ReplyDeleteOh I'm not sure how I missed that. I'm sorry to hear of Tanya's passing. Friendly and helpful were the first words that popped into my head, in thinking of her. Lovely that you celebrated her in this way, the wings of this bracelet, the angels, just perfect.
ReplyDelete