Saturday, July 7, 2012

DIY Light Box Complete & First Pics

If anyone is interesting in making their own light box, I followed the easy instructions from http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-make-a-inexpensive-light-tent.  It only costs a few dollars or less to make, depending on what you already have on hand.  I had the box, but didn't have any of the other supplies.  I got the muslin from Joann's for under a dollar (it was on sale, the end of the bolt, plus a coupon) and I got the glue sticks, poster boards, and tape from the Dollar Tree.  On a side note, I will never buy tape from the Dollar Tree again, unless it's a name brand.  This tape was really, really thin and I had to get it unstuck from the roll multiple times.  It also smelled really bad once you started using it.

My Light Box
Here are a couple of pictures of one of my pieces.  I have a Panasonic DMC-ZS8 and I'm using the macro setting.

Swarovski Crystal Bracelet

 I would love to get some feedback on my pictures as well as the bracelet.  In the second picture I'm using a plastic bowl for the bracelet to rest on, but I'm thinking an all white tea cup would be a lot cuter.  It would also give me something to hang my earrings on for pictures.

Off to create something else!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME light box. So easy.I am going to make me one very soon. Tape, cloth and scissors are on hand. Box will be soon.Great pics.
    And on that note I need you to email me your address so I can send you give away beads. Please. Looking forward to reading you more.
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you made this light box. I actually saw the same tutorial and almost made one myself as well. I ended up checking craigslist and found one that was really reasonable and bought it instead. I love the bracelet, LOVE swarovski crystals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments ladies! The box was really easy to make. I thought about buying one before I made this one, but I couldn't find one at a reasonable price so I'm glad you had better luck with that Peggy. :)

    ReplyDelete